Your Privacy is extremely important to Plym PAT Testing.
Should you have any questions, we can be contacted at Plym PAT Testing or by any of the options located within our web pages.
Because we are a business located in England & Wales the personal information that you give us or that we collect from you will be held under English data protection legislation. The legislation requires that we tell you that we are a data controller for your personal information or, in other words, we determine the purposes for which and the manner in which any of your personal information are, or are to be, processed by us.
How do you consent to collection of Personal Data?
You can consent to us collecting your personal information in two (2) different ways, either through our site or when you purchase services from us.
There is still some information that we may automatically collect about you – this normally isn’t personal information but rather technical information sent by your device and used to connect your computer, tablet, or mobile device to the Internet, including your browser type and version, the time when you visit our site, your time zone setting, certain browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. This type of information is sent by you to our site automatically and it isn’t something that we can prevent.
You may give us personal information about you by filling out “Get a Quote” or “Contact Us” forms on our site, correspondence by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
Information you give us may include:
- Your name
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- IP address
When personal information is submitted, Plym PAT Testing will only provide you with information about our services.
If you provide us with your e-mail, telephone or mobile number then we may contact you by these electronic means (email or SMS). We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes at any given time.
In some cases we may disclose information about you with select third-parties:
- Debt collection agencies where you have breached a condition of any contract entered between us and you.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any agreements with you, or to protect our rights.
Where is your personal information stored?
- The personal information that we collect from you will be stored within the United Kingdom.
- All personal information you provide to us is stored on our encrypted storage.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information or to restrict the purposes for which we may process your personal information.
- You can also exercise your right at any time by contacting us. If you consented to us collecting and/or processing your personal information but you change your mind then you can get in touch with us about erasing the personal information we hold about you.
- Please be aware that, even if we receive a request from you to delete your personal information, it may be that we cannot entirely remove all of your personal information. This is usually because we have a legitimate interest to hold onto some of that personal information, for example, reporting and certification, there are outstanding payments due in favour of Plym PAT Testing.
Access to information
- Legislation gives you the right to access a copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- In order to request a copy you need to submit a request – details on how to get in touch can be found at the bottom of this page.
- We are refrained from releasing your personal information to anyone. We can only release your personal information to you or an authorised third party who can demonstrate that you consented to have your personal information released under legal requirement. Therefore, it is important for us to ensure that we confirm your identity before we can release any personal information.
- If you send us a request to provide you with a copy of your personal information then we may ask you to provide some identification. We may ask you to provide a copy of your current and valid passport and/or driving license plus a utility bill (that is no more than 3 months old) and has your current address.
Consent or withdrawal of consent
- If you do not consent to us collecting your personal information then we cannot guarantee the full functionality of our site or the receipt of services from us and will not be held responsible or liable to you for any reduction or restriction in access to our site or any of our other services.
How long is personal information retained?
- Depending on how you engage with us it may be necessary for us to store your personal information for shorter or longer periods of time. Either way, we will only store your personal information for a legitimate and lawful reason.